DocuSign offers a combination of electronic signature technology and digital transaction management services to help facilitate the electronic exchanges of contracts and signed documents.
The April updates see a number of new features and bug fixes, as well as some deprecated features.
Admins will now be able to specify the date format for signers, but only if the ‘EnableCustomDateSignedFormat’ option is enabled. If not, the default date format will be used.
Sending and templates
A number of updates have been added under sending and templates. These include:
- Users can now transfer envelopes or templates directly from the Manage and Templates pages
- Use ‘shift-click’ to select multiple envelopes or templates
- More info has been added to the Bulk Send Errors list
- Fax numbers (where they exist) are automatically added to contact cards
- Data from multiple envelopes can be downloaded to a single CSV file
- PDFs can be printed or downloaded from a template
- Users can specify a start page when applying templates
- Envelopes retain specific signing orders from templates
- Some of these features are new and some have been brought into the New DocuSign Experience to retain parity with the Classic Experience.
Switching between accounts across different sites will no longer be available in the Classic Experience from April 30 and nor will it be ported to the New DocuSign Experience. Support documentation is also being removed from Google and Bing search results for the Classic DocuSign Experience, but will still be available through the Classic User Guide and the Classic Admin Guide until the end of June.
Support for TLSv1.0 and weak cipher suites is also ending on 25 June 2018. This is an industry requirement and is being undertaken to comply with PCI standards.
More than 30 bug fixes have been implemented in the April update. These include fixes for the following problems:
- Radio buttons and checkboxes did not retain formatting after the envelope was sent
- Admins were unable to change the Template Modification settings if they were not the template's original owner or creator
- Users were unable to print documents before sending the envelope when using DocuSign for Salesforce
- The web console failed to indicate an invalid In-Person host email address — validation has now been moved to address this issue
- Non-admins were able to create and share custom fields across the account
- In Internet Explorer, users were not able to consistently set country codes for multiple recipients
- Inconsistent expiry dates were being shown when correcting an envelope
DocuSign also announced a number of updates coming 'in the near future'.
When these are implemented users will be able to sort templates by name on the Templates page. Draft envelopes will show the creation date and the Get From Cloud option will no longer show when Connected Apps are disabled.
Another feature will allow signers to change their signatures, including spelling, during a signing session. Saved signatures will also be able to be edited, or deleted during signing.