Tahmid Ahmed, Vuzion Azure Commercial Lead, writes …
On 1 March 2021, Microsoft announced a new incentive to drive Azure growth.
The offer - which ends on 30 June 2021 - has been created to reward Microsoft partners for increasing ACR (Azure consumed revenue) for unmanaged customers - and with the very vast majority of organisations in the SMB sector, Microsoft unmanaged customers.
And for each eligible customer ‘win’ within the campaign, the partner receives a one-off payment of $1000! And there is no cap to the number of customers!
How to earn - customer eligibility:
- Any customer with an ACR of less than $1000 per month during the period July 2020 to February 2021, will be considered an ‘eligible customer’.
- When assessing the ACR for the customer for the July 2020 to February 2021 period, Microsoft will take all Azure subscriptions into account, including those held with other partners (where applicable).
- And, if during the campaign period (1 March to 30 June 2021), a customer’s ACR via CSP meets the minimum threshold of $1500 with a single participating subscription, that customer is considered a ‘win’.
Unlike many incentives this ACR growth incentive is for current as well as customers new to CSP, and partners will receive the one-off $1000 payment for each customer win following the end of the campaign period, 30 June 2021.
What partners need to do - partner eligibility:
- Partners need to have an active MPN membership, and be based in the UK and part of either the CSP indirect incentive program (CSP Indirect Reseller Incentive Program) or the CSP direct incentive program (CSP Direct Partner Incentive Program).
- Microsoft will invite partners to enrol in the campaign via Partner Center, and you can find details for the incentive in the Incentives section.
- Please check that your company bank details are up to date at Partner Center and your tax status is declared as this is required to earn any Microsoft incentive.
So how can you increase your customers’ ACR?
Figures show that over 50% of SMBs in the UK are still struggling with adopting the cloud. However, average IT spend is also expected to increase by 35% this year - and so now is the perfect opportunity to support SMB customers with their digital transformation, migrating them to Azure and providing an enhanced managed service.
- The onset of the Covid-19 pandemic created an urgent need for businesses to enable remote working. Many were unable to do so, resulting in furloughing staff and downsizing business operations while others are experiencing issues with hastily implemented solutions. Now is the time to help these businesses, as well as to the look to the future and support those wanting to offer greater employee flexibility, and who are looking to implement a long-term remote working/hybrid strategy.
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD): Out with the old, in with the new! Microsoft WVD gives customers flexibility and freedom from being tied to a static office desk, with a seamless Windows 10 experience. Even for customers already in the cloud and working with a traditional RDS environment, moving to WVD will greatly enhance the user experience.
- Disaster Recovery & Backup: Using native Azure BackUp and Disaster Recovery with
higher redundancy and fault tolerance is an easy way to not only give your customers greater peace of mind but will increase overall the SLA for the Azure estate.
Legacy Application Modernisation: Migrating old legacy applications to Azure usingcontainers will not only drive Azure growth, but save the customer time and money in the long term.
SQL to Azure: New capabilities launched in Azure Migrate now make it much easier to migrate SQL to Azure.
If you would like more information about this ACR growth incentive - officially called SMC ACA CSP Campaign (LC001433) - or any Microsoft incentive, solution or product - do please feel free to get in touch with me, or any of the Vuzion team. You can reach us on 0333 009 5939 or via email at email@example.com.