With details revealed at the Inspire Vision Keynote, Monday 10 July, according to Microsoft, Microsoft 365 will “represent a fundamental shift in how we will design, build and go to market to address our customers’ needs for a modern workplace”.
Unveiled by Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft 365 is designed as a complete, intelligent and secure solution, with its aim to empower employees - and brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and EM+S (Enterprise Mobility + Security).
Microsoft 365 has been developed to meet the demands of a changing workplace environment – from one where teams may be geographically spread, to where employees themselves have higher expectations – as well as businesses regardless of size having to cope with a threat landscape increasingly growing in complexity.
A further major development will see the infusion of AI, so that it becomes intrinsic to every application built.
Microsoft 365 will have two strands:
Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Microsoft 365 Enterprise, created for large organizations, integrates Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility + Security:
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is developed on from and will replace Microsoft’s Secure Productive Enterprise, and which increased seats in numbers of three figures last year.
As detailed in the article by Kirk Koenigsbauer, corporate vice president for the Office team, 10 July 2017, Microsoft 365
- Unlocks creativity, enabling employees to collaborate across medium and method, supported by tools utilising AI and machine learning.
- Delivers the widest range of apps and services in a teamwork toolkit, to give employees optimum flexibility and choice in how they connect, share and communicate.
- Simplifies IT through creating unified management across users, devices, apps and services.
- Helps protect data and intellectual property with built-in, intelligent security.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise will be available as two plans, from 1 August 2017 – Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5.
Microsoft 365 Business
For the SMB market and organisations with up to 300 users, Microsoft 365 Business integrates Office 365 Business Premium with specific security and management features from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security – developed to enable businesses to empower their employees, protect their business and simplify IT management.
Microsoft 365 Business:
- Will help businesses to achieve more, through enabling improved ways to connect employees, customers and suppliers.
- Empower employees to work from anywhere, on any device.
- Safeguard data across the range of devices with always-on security.
- Enable the set-up and management of employee devices and services to be simplified, with creation of a single IT console.
Microsoft 365 Business will become generally available autumn 2017 (US $20 per user, per month), although available in public preview from 2 August 2017.
Michael Frisby, Vuzion MD, says, “Microsoft’s mission is to ‘Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more’ – and Microsoft 365 is certainly going to help with that!
“It’s fantastic news for businesses – and of course, therefore, for partners.
"We were fortunate to have been invited to participate with the Microsoft Product team in an early adopter group, bringing in some of our resellers. We’ve received great feedback from them, on how it's providing added value on the journeys to digital transformation.
“So, we’re delighted that Microsoft has now announced the details, and that Microsoft 365 Enterprise will be available from August 2017 and Business from the autumn.”