Ready to sell solutions on Azure to your customers? Find out where to start with our free whitepaper
Join our Modern Workplace Webinar series on the first Monday of every month beginning Monday 3 December
Discover the key features and benefits of Microsoft 365, for your customers and and you as a partner, in our free whitepaper.
Craig Gordon, Head of Vuzion, writes …
Microsoft has announced changes to their FY20 incentives for CSP resellers - and there are some big changes.
The main points are that:
- All rebates will now be paid monthly (45 days after month end), rather than some being paid monthly, and others at end of term/year-half.
- Partners now have new competency requirements to fulfil - details of these can be found on the Microsoft competency pages
- 40% will now be co-op based – and partners will need to claim these in Microsoft Partnercenter, to request this money for business growth activities.
- There is a far greater earning potential on Microsoft 365 SKUs.
- There is huge earning potential for adding new CSP clouds (Azure, Dynamics, Modern Workplace) into customers.
- There is an increase to 5% for Product Accelerators in Q2 (Office 365 Business Premium, Microsoft 365 E3, E5 and Business, two E5 mini suites, Dynamics 365 Business Central).
- A NEW Azure modern commerce transactions incentive is 6%.
- Customer acquisition accelerators – add Azure, Dynamics or Modern Workplace into a customer of the first time and gain between 4-20% incentive starting October (see table)
- Azure Reserved Instance is staying at 10% incentive.
- There are third party offers of 10%.
- Software in CSP - this remains the same at 2.5% and 6%.
- There will be a 60/40 split between rebate and co-op from Q2.
Customer acquisition for three clouds:
Microsoft is making available support, as outlined above - and, of course, you’ll find additional support from the Vuzion team - call 0333 009 5931 and +353 1 685 6191 (for the Ireland team), or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We advise you to follow these four steps:
1. Review the detailed partner incentives guide.
2. Ensure you’re meeting competency requirements.
3. Focus and plan on providing multi-Microsoft cloud solutions to your customers, and partnering with an Indirect Provider with the support and access to the marketplace that provides - and Vuzion is best for that!
4. Plan for the changes in core margin and co-op - and, again, Vuzion can help!
Applications & Infrastructure
Data & AI
Windows 7 and Office 2010 EOS - options for your customers
18 Reasons why Microsoft Azure will always beat AWS
Microsoft Teams: Enabling Intelligent Communications (2nd Edition)
Definitive Guide to Office 365 (3rd Edition)
Vuzion Identity & Access Management
RM Education and Microsoft Azure
Care Computers & Microsoft 365
Nuvem Logic & Microsoft 365
Valto, Office 365 & CSP