Ready to sell solutions on Azure to your customers? Find out where to start with our free whitepaper
Join our Modern Workplace Webinar series on the first Monday of every month beginning Monday 3 December
Discover the key features and benefits of Microsoft 365, for your customers and and you as a partner, in our free whitepaper.
Craig Gordon, Head of Vuzion, writes …
Are you claiming your Microsoft rebates?
Do you want to claim your Microsoft rebates?
Microsoft provide both global and local incentives to support CSP resellers and drive reseller growth and profitability. These incentives build on the initial upfront margin provided by Vuzion and are designed by Microsoft to drive sales of their strategically important services. Azure, for example, remains the key investment area for Microsoft and attracts very generous incentives.
However, the incentives can be complicated to navigate, and so we’ve outlined the main points of the FY19 incentives below. Of course, we’re always available to give advice and help – either call us on 0333 009 5939, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help, I’ve summarised the incentives – please see the table below:
And for a little more detail:
Global incentives are now paid monthly (45 days after the end of the month) – i.e. rebates for July 2018 will be paid 15 September 2018.
*Such as EMS, Windows Intune, CRM Online, Dynamics Cloud offerings, and Azure
Global product specific
All based on billed revenue
Please note, the Azure new customer adds incremental accelerator is capped at $4,000.
Removed incentives from FY18
Last year the focus was on promoting Office 365 Business Premium, E3 and E5. The emphasis for this year (FY19) is Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365, and therefore the 3% accelerator for Office 365 Business Premium, E3 and E5 has been removed.
Local incentives are paid at the end of their relevant period.
Cloud Revenue accelerator
Paid at end of the offer period - 90 days
This accelerator means that each reseller can have their first two months on Azure completely free of charge, for all customers, but capped at $15,000 total per reseller.
Product Specific accelerators
There are two prerequisites to qualify for these incentives:
1. To have a MPN (Microsoft Partner Network) account with an up-to-date profile
2. To have attained and maintained at least one relevant active competency for the solution(s) area. Resellers are only eligible for the incentive for the area in which the competency is held – and, so, if you sell both Azure and Office 365, for example, you should typically hold at least one competency for each e.g. Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity.
The table below gives the competency levels required for various Microsoft products:
Once qualification criteria above is met, you need to complete your incentive onboarding:
1. You should receive an invitation from the Microsoft Operations team.
2. You then need to onboard into the Partner Incentive Experience (PIExp) – please note, that onboarding will shortly be through Partner Center instead.
3. Complete your bank and tax details! This might seem an obvious step – but quite often, overlooked – and without it, Microsoft cannot pay you your owed incentives!
If you’d like any further advice with regard to Microsoft incentives, any of the Vuzion team will be happy to help – give us a call on 0333 009 5939, or email email@example.com.
Data & AI
Migrating Hosted Exchange Customers to Microsoft Office 365: Three Key Areas to an Upsell Campaign
Vuzion Managed Staged: Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
Vuzion Assisted Migration Service (VAMS): Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
Vuzion Managed Cutover: Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
Microsoft Teams: Enabling Intelligent Communications
Care Computers & Microsoft 365
Nuvem Logic & Microsoft 365
Valto, Office 365 & CSP