Ready to sell solutions on Azure to your customers? Find out where to start with our free whitepaper
Join our Modern Workplace Webinar series on the first Monday of every month beginning Monday 3 December
Discover the key features and benefits of Microsoft 365, for your customers and and you as a partner, in our free whitepaper.
Craig Gordon, Head of Vuzion, writes …
Are you one of the 58% of partners that receives rebate from Microsoft?
If you are, please find below, details of changes to the rebates for FY19 H2.
If you’re not, you should be! Read on to see what you’re missing out on.
Microsoft has global and local incentives to support CSP resellers and help drive reseller growth. In fact, these particular incentives are so generous, they can match and even better the initial upfront margin provided by Vuzion.
And great news – Microsoft is moving all incentive programmes to a single platform, which you can find in Partner Center, in the dashboard section. To access the platform, you will need to assign an Incentives Administrator, with this Administrator the only person able to enrol in incentive programmes.
The platform will make managing the rebates easier and allow you to see your earnings.
However, the incentives can be complicated to navigate, and so we’ve outlined below the main points about the new incentives for FY19 H2 – and, of course, we’re always available to give advice and additional help – you can call us on 0333 009 5939, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To start, I’ve summarised the main incentive changes:
- Rebates on non-cloud software subscriptions are now here!
- Most Office 365 SKUs are now 6% instead of 8%
- Global strategic SKUs are still 8%, and now include Business Premium, E3 and E5
- Local accelerator for Azure is now 2% (was 5%)
- Local Azure accelerators are huge! Earn June’s full revenue back (starts from $1,000 spend – no cap) per new client
- Local M365 – receive an extra $20 per net set add from January until 30 June 30 (minimum increase applies)
- New D365 – for any new customer with 15 seats or more, receive $2,000 additional rebate per customer
- Finally, 2% more for any net new CSP customer.
And for a little more detail:
Global incentives are now paid monthly (45 days after the end of the month).
*Such as EMS, Office 365 Business Premium, E3 and E5, Windows Intune, CRM Online, Dynamics Cloud offerings, and Azure
Global product specific
Local incentives are paid at the end of their relevant period, not monthly
Azure SMB CSP
M365 SMB CSP
Dynamics 365 SMB CSP
Paid at end of period - 90 days.
Eligibility for Microsoft incentives
There are two prerequisites to qualify for these incentives:
1. To have a MPN (Microsoft Partner Network) account with an up-to-date profile
2. To have attained and consistently retained one relevant active competency for the solution(s) area. Resellers are only eligible for the incentive for the area in which the competency is held – and, so, if you sell both Azure and Office 365, for example, you should typically hold at least one competency for each.
Once qualification criteria above is met, you need to complete your incentive onboarding:
1. You should receive an invitation from the Microsoft Operations team.
2. You then need to onboard or migrate your membership to the PartnerCenter Dashboard
3. You will need to assign an Incentive Administrator
4. Update your bank and tax details! This might seem an obvious step – but quite often, overlooked – and without it, Microsoft cannot pay the incentive.
If you’d like any further advice or help with regard to Microsoft incentives, any of the Vuzion team will be happy to help – give us a call on 0333 009 5939, or email email@example.com.
Applications & Infrastructure
Data & AI
20 Questions to ask a CSP Indirect Provider
9 Signs your clients need Azure and how to win new cloud business
Migrating Hosted Exchange Customers to Microsoft Office 365: Three Key Areas to an Upsell Campaign
Vuzion Managed Staged: Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
Vuzion Assisted Migration Service (VAMS): Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
RM Education and Microsoft Azure
Care Computers & Microsoft 365
Nuvem Logic & Microsoft 365
Valto, Office 365 & CSP