Ready to sell solutions on Azure to your customers? Find out where to start with our free whitepaper
Join our Modern Workplace Webinar series on the first Monday of every month beginning Monday 3 December
Discover the key features and benefits of Microsoft 365, for your customers and and you as a partner, in our free whitepaper.
Having been able to trial Teams while in preview here at Vuzion, we’re delighted that it’s now available generally for Office 365 customers – and incorporating 100+ new features developed as the result of feedback and comment from the preview stage.
Teams is designed to support the workplace of today, with teams potentially spread geographically, and to accommodate home, mobile, flexible and shift working. The application works by incorporating messaging and grouping together people and content with the familiar Office tools.
- Team chat – Teams delivers threaded, persistent chat, with team visibility the default, but offering provision for private conversations. Skype is integrated for voice and video conferencing.
- Teamwork hub – Teams collates centrally for easy access the Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, Planner, Power BI* and Delve.
- Customising Teams – Teams enables integration of tabs, connectors and bots – from hipmunk, Growbot and ModuleQ, for example – to allow even further tailoring of the Teams environment.
Mark Terry, Head of Marketing at Vuzion, says, “With the business growing and us working across brands, teams, locations and time zones having an interactive and collaborative digital hub that integrates all the tools we use during the day is a huge benefit.
“The team have a much better sense of what is happening using Microsoft and non-Microsoft apps – for example pulling in Google Analytics, the whole team see how we are performing and comment in real-time.
“The desktop and mobile Teams application is lightning fast to navigate and access personal OneDrive and group SharePoint files, for me bringing together the various Office 365 tools further demonstrate the value Microsoft are providing.”
Microsoft has also recently released Office 365 Bookings, the online and mobile application aimed at small businesses offering services involving appointments – such as dentists, solicitors, financial consultants, hair salons, for example. There are three main elements to the feature:
- A booking page via which customers/clients can book appointments.
- A mobile app enabling the business owner to monitor bookings already scheduled, access customer details, and manually create appointments.
- A management section for updating and maintaining customer information, service price lists, and staff scheduling.
Microsoft is reporting 85 million+ Office 365 users worldwide, and it’s growing increasingly obvious that SMBs, in particular, are recognising how the applications can benefit their business – last month we posted a blog, Microsoft Office 365 – becoming the productivity suite of choice for SMBs.
If you’d like more information about Office 365 and how moving to Office 365 could benefit your customers, you can download a copy of our eBook Office 365: The Definitive Guide – or call the Vuzion Team on 0333 920 7816, or contact us via email at email@example.com.
*Power BI—additional subscription may be required.
Data & AI
Migrating Hosted Exchange Customers to Microsoft Office 365: Three Key Areas to an Upsell Campaign
Vuzion Managed Staged: Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
Vuzion Assisted Migration Service (VAMS): Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
Vuzion Managed Cutover: Hosted Exchange 2013 to Exchange Online
Microsoft Teams: Enabling Intelligent Communications
Care Computers & Microsoft 365
Nuvem Logic & Microsoft 365
Valto, Office 365 & CSP