Ready to sell solutions on Azure to your customers? Find out where to start with our free whitepaper
Join our Modern Workplace Webinar series on the first Monday of every month beginning Monday 3 December
Discover the key features and benefits of Microsoft 365, for your customers and and you as a partner, in our free whitepaper.
Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella began Microsoft Inspire’s opening Vision Keynote session, Monday 10 July 2017, by welcoming the 17,000 attendees from over 140 countries.
Key takeaways from the opening introduction session include:
- The total number of people employed within the Microsoft ecosystem is now 17 million.
- 64,000 partners are delivering leading cloud solutions
- Partners from other ecosystems (Linux’s, Java’s for example) are now helping to enable the Microsoft partnership to thrive as a community.
- Partner commitment and critical feedback has helped create a collectively better partnership.
- Microsoft’s underlying mission is to enable every person on the planet to achieve more, with a focus on celebrating not the technology delivered, but the success of customers using that technology.
Worth $4.5 trillion, Microsoft stressed that the opportunity today is tremendous! And achievable as a partnership, using as the basis the four pillars
- Empower employees
- Engage customers
- Optimise Operations
- Transform products
With the four main areas for transformation
- The modern workplace
- Business applications
- Applications and infrastructure
- Data and AI
The modern workplace: ‘Through empowerment comes shift in culture’ - when employees are empowered, they are able to define and create the processes that can create the workplace relevant for today.
Microsoft outlined four main areas within the modern workplace where digital transformation should be focused:
- Routine tasks/addressed by (‘empowered) creative and critical thinking
Individual productivity/dynamic, agile teamwork
- Disparate systems/coherent, integrated solutions
- Individual threats/sophisticated organisational breaches (see below*)
*The modern workplace requires an increasingly sophisticated infrastructure, particularly with users no longer bound to one single device and the user experience becoming ever richer, multi-device, and multi-sense.
A further major profound shift will be the infusion of AI, so that it becomes intrinsic to every application built – and greater computation required to manage the complexity of ever data-rich systems.
Three main areas where business applications will change were defined as:
- Monolithic suites will be replaced by modular business applications
- Disconnected data silos will become obsolete, and AI capability added
- Custom logic and extensibility to common data models and composite apps
Businesses are going to have to continue to evolve, and therefore need a common rich data model.
And focus for applications and infrastructure looked at:
- Private versus public cloud to distributed hybrid cloud
- Virtualization to containers and microservices
- Disparate databases to connected data estates
A major announcement of the day was the creation of Microsoft 365, with its two strands
Designed with the aim of enabling customers to become more productive and get the most value from their solutions, with AI infused throughout, Mircrosoft 365 has the four pillars:
One of the main takeaways from this first session was the announcement of Microsofts commitment to serving customers over their entire depth and breadth – even front-line workers, in retail for example – and in the SMB market in particular. Microsoft sees enabling SMBS to connect business applications and systems end to end as the main growth area for many partners.
Michael Frisby, Vuzion MD, says, "It's fantastic to see the launch of Microsoft 365 announced.
"We've been working with the Microsoft Product team and an early adopter group of a number of our valued resellers, and had some great early feedback on how it's providing added value on the journeys to digital transformation.
"However the most exciting news was Microsoft compensating sales reps on consumed Azure revenue with no more EA compete. This is great news for CSP resellers, and of course our partners."
Microsoft Inspire: Day 1 Highlights
At Inspire 2017, Satya Nadella outlined a $4.5 trillion transformation opportunity to partners from over 140 countries.
Video: MSInspire Day 1 Recap
Applications & Infrastructure
Data & AI
18 Reasons why Microsoft Azure will always beat AWS
Microsoft Teams: Enabling Intelligent Communications (2nd Edition)
Definitive Guide to Office 365 (3rd Edition)
Vuzion Identity & Access Management
20 Questions to ask a CSP Indirect Provider
RM Education and Microsoft Azure
Care Computers & Microsoft 365
Nuvem Logic & Microsoft 365
Valto, Office 365 & CSP